Be Better Prepared for Litigation with Supporting Information
Sage provides consulting and investigation for litigation support to individuals and attorneys defending Federal tax, money launderings, structuring and Form 8300 matters. Sage understands the investigative process and helps defend clients with accurate expert testimony. At the State level, Sage provides litigation support in financial matters, including theft, embezzlement, vendor fraud, derivative suits and in family law, tracing separate property.
Sage provides litigation support to attorneys in criminal and civil matters in Federal and State court. We defend Federal cases involving fraud allegations in income tax investigations, money laundering, structuring and Racketeering Influence and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) investigations. Sage understands the investigative process and what evidence needs to be developed to help defend a client against fraud allegations.
At the State level, Sage consults with plaintiff attorneys on occupational fraud and theft cases including embezzlement and vendor fraud. We prepare damage calculations for lost money. We provide support with defense attorneys in civil cases where allegations of fraud are leveled. We help obtain and present evidence opposing the fraud allegations. As a Federal Agent and a Private Investigator/Forensic Accountant, Edmond Martin has been involved in many investigations and trials, and has testified many times.
Sage specializes in forensic accounting and looks beyond the numbers to look at the reality of the matter. Our specialty involves tracing and following money and developing the evidence to verify the findings. During the investigation, Sage always prepares with an eye toward presenting the matter to an attorney for the opposing party, in an arbitration or courtroom. Sage offers a unique prospective to attorneys for the development of the subject’s knowledge and/or intent of activities.
BENEFITS OF HAVING SAGE INVESTIGATIONS AS A Litigation support CONSULTANT:
- Trial experience in Federal and State cases involving financial cases with voluminous records
- Preparation for large-scale complex financial litigation in anticipation of trial
- Over 40 years of Forensic Accounting knowledge and experience in complex cases
- Secure and organize records to be used by the defense or the plaintiff
- Litigation support that helps to build a winning defense or plaintiff’s case
- Aid in preparing a compelling presentation that paints the picture of the evidence
- With the knowledge and trial experience, Sage will help to obtain and organize information needed to prove or disprove the matter
- Provide tracing analyses to separate community and separate property in divorce matters
- Secure, review, and organize records provided by the client and obtained during discovery
- Suggest other types of discovery or evidence to prove or disprove the matter
- Provide Forensic Accounting knowledge and experience
- Help develop knowledge and intent where needed in the case
- Assist in the preparation for depositions of the subject and key witnesses
- Identify additional witnesses and sources of evidence
- Provide extensive use of data management strategies through proprietary financial technology (DIO).
- Prepare analyses for accurate and ease of presentation of the facts
- Develop a list of witnesses and exhibits
- Help develop a demonstrative presentation that paints a picture of the evidence
- In income tax matters:
- Provide a better understanding of the IRS Procedures to help you prevail
- Help you understand your client’s accounting systems and its relationship between the books, the bank accounts and your client’s tax returns
- Use our IRS Criminal Investigative knowledge, training and experience to identify financial patterns and methods of proof
- Share our knowledge and understanding concerning the badges of fraud, the rules of evidence and case law.
- Provide witness interviews, consulting reports, and if necessary, be an expert witness in the matter.
DIO IS A WIN-WIN THAT WILL:
- Save time analyzing financial data through the use of a proprietary financial database technology.
- Obtain more accurate information faster, especially when dealing with multiple bank and brokerage accounts, cash, and credit cards.